Today I took a drink of well water from a glass container after being out and about and drinking city water from a plastic container for hours. The well water from a glass tasted delicious. Why?
Well water does not have chemicals added to it. Go to a water treatment plant and you can see what they do to municipal water. It’s disgusting to think of water as recyclable, but it is. (I suppose you could argue that water trickling through Earth seems unsanitary, but visit a treatment plant first.)
Particles from plastic leach into the water. Water is known as the “universal solvent” because it breaks down materials so well (which is why we wash our clothes and dishes in it). Additionally, plastics are made from petroleum and are toxic. So when you drink from plastic containers and through plastic straws and cup tops, you are adding unnecessary environmental toxins to your body.
I did run my well water through a water filter, and I don’t know if any of the city water I drank earlier had been filtered or not. Running water through a filter before drinking it is always a good idea, if for no other reason, to take out any heavy metals that might get into the water from the water pipes.