Ugh. I read this headline: 10 Reasons to Give Up Diet Soda.
Water is the healthiest thing that you can drink. A dry cell is a dead cell. And water helps to wash things out of your body.
On the contrary:
- Diet pop is loaded with artificial ingredients that harm your body, from causing cancer and heart problems to making your crave real sugar.
- “Real” pop is loaded with sugar, a useless type of carb that leads to weight gain, rotten teeth, and a weaker immune system, to name a few.
- Both diet and “real” pop causes headaches, depression, teeth staining, and more.
- Any liquid that sits more than eight hours begins to grow bacteria. Bacteria: ubiquitous one-celled organisms . . . which are involved in fermentation, putrefaction, infectious diseases, or nitrogen fixation. — Okay, so it doesn’t matter if you know what “ubiquitous” is, you still know infectious diseases are not good.
- Anything contained in plastic has the added “bonus” of containing a little petroleum.
- Anything stored in a can has the “benefit” of having a little heavy metal.
So drink water. Spice it up by floating strawberries and blueberries, or lemons and lime. Dip a tea bag into it. Crush up ice. Try a combo: white tea with berries and ice.
My Buddy says, “It’s okay to drink a glass of pop once a week for a treat, but don’t make a daily habit out of it.”